To register your child for a dance class, use this link. Sign in as yourself, go to MY ACCOUNT and add your family members. Then go to YOUTH CLASSES LIST and reserve the class for “someone else”.
Note: The DanceWell Youth Social Dance Program is on Sundays. Ask for Linda Springstead and the DanceWell staff. No SiGN UP Button? Pay on location.
Check back as more classes are added!
Youth Dance Classes – Social dancing for KIDS and TEENS ages 6 – 19
“Teaching Kids and Teens Life-skills through Dance”. Working with others beyond their own friends, combining dance lessons with common courtesies, helping students create a positive impression on others. Social dancing skills can give your child confidence in life.
- SOCIAL DANCING skills and teamwork.
- Coordination and musicality.
- Confidence and self-esteem.
- Respect and acceptance of individual differences and ages.
Classes are taught to a 50-minute hour and begin 1st week of each month.
No partner is needed.
The dance steps help break the ice and create a teamwork effort with various partners, while learning coordination and having fun! The cumulative effect of dancing and socializing over the months and years is of students who not only have fun and learn a great movement skill; they shed their shyness and emerge with self-confidence.
Two Sunday Classes
1. Youth INTRO BEGINNER Class — Ages 6-19
For brand new dancers currently Sundays from noon to 1pm. Two new dances are introduced every month. Everyone working together, changing partners and learning social skills as well as fun dance steps. Students are offered the chance to do small dance demos.
2. Youth MID-LEVEL INTERMEDIATE Class — Ages 9-19
This class is for those who have had 2-3 months dance experience and have had some previous experience in the particular dance being taught. This class has more focus on dance details and movement skills of our students and performance recitals.
Prerequisites: 3-6 months dance experience plus experience in the dance taught.
General Group Class Information
- Please arrive 20-30 minutes early at first class.
- Students are expected to attend each class.
- We reserve the right to drop from the class series anyone whose conduct is detrimental to the group or our program.
- Kids are welcome to come alone – or to bring their parents
Shoes and clothing for Ballroom dance classes:
- Thin soled shoes with no tread or rubber bottoms are best. If possible some kind of dress shoes.
- Clean, neat, comfortable clothing that students can move in.
BEGINNER: $11/class. Monthly Discount $35/4-weeks. $5/class when repeating a Beginner class series.
MID-LEVEL/INTERMEDIATE: $11/class. Monthly Discount $40/4-weeks
In addition, Kids and Teens at least 4 ft. tall are also welcome to join in Adult Group Classes for a discounted rate until age 20.
Questions? Call Linda at 503-241-0460 Ext.0
Family discounts are available