Youth Dance Classes
“Teaching Kids and Teens Life-skills through Dance”Note: The DanceWell Youth Program is on Sundays only. Ask for Linda Springstead and the DanceWell staff, or look for (DW) classes.
TWO SUNDAY CLASSES FOR YOUTH
1. Basics & Dance Team — Ages 6-15
Practicing face-to-face contact with others beyond their own friends, this course combines dance lessons with common courtesies, helping students create a positive impression on others. An edge that will help your child in life.
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Respect and acceptance of individual differences
- Social skills and teamwork
- Coordination and musicality
The dance steps help break the ice and create a teamwork effort with various partners, while learning coordination and having fun! The cumulative effect of dancing and socializing over the months and years is of students who not only have fun and learn a great movement skill; they shed their shyness and emerge with self-confidence.
2. Youth INTRO Class — Ages 6-15
This is an INTRO class for brand new dancers currently Sundays from noon to 1pm – just $5 per person. Two new dances are introduced every month. Everyone working together, changing partners and learning social skills as well as fun dance steps.
Group Classes General Information
Classes are taught to a 55-minute hour and begin 1st week of each month. No partner is needed.
Skillsets and Requirements:
- Youth Dance Basics Class: 2-3 months dance experience, ages 6-15
- Youth INTRO Class: No experience needed, ages 6-adult.
Kids are welcome to come alone – or to bring their parents
Youth Beginner Basics class has two instructors to help boost students’ learning
- Please arrive 20-30 minutes early at first class.
- Students are expected to attend each class.
- We reserve the right to drop from the class series anyone whose conduct is detrimental to the group or our program.
Shoes and clothing for Ballroom dance classes:
- Thin soled shoes with no tread or rubber bottoms are best. If possible some kind of dress shoes.
- Clean, neat, comfortable clothing that students can move in.
INTRO segments $5/class. Monthly Discount $20/4-weeks;
BEGINNER/BASICS classes $10/class. Monthly Discount $36/4-weeks ($35 paid online)
In addition, Kids and Teens at least 4 ft. tall are also welcome to join in Adult Group Classes
Cost: $20/4-weeks or $5/class
Questions? Call Linda at 503-241-0460 Ext.0
Family discounts are available