Looking for a fun night out? It's Party Time every week !
Singles and Couples welcome !
Please check our Calendar for dates and locations
Each dance party has a different character as you can see below....
Singles and Mingle' Party (and couples too)
THIS DANCE WILL CHANGE TO THURSDAY NIGHTS IN JANUARY 2015
30-minute mixer lesson - Open dancing til 10:30pm
DJ’d music - Ballroom, Latin, Swing with clear, strong beats. Mixer dances.
All levels welcome
Mingle & have fun! This may be your lucky night!
FIRST OR SECOND SATURDAYS 7-11pm
7:30pm Open dancing - 7:30-8:15 Beginning & Beyond lesson - Open dancing til 11:00pm
DJ’d music - Full mix of Ballroom, Latin, Swing & Nightclub dances
A great place for Portlanders to share a quirky good time. Mixers and fun! Theme dances several times each year.
Theme examples: (check the Calendar to see if it’s a “Theme Month”): Black & White; Valentine’s Day, Superbowl, Mardi Gras, Mustache Parties, St. Patrick's Day; Cinco de Mayo or Rose Festival; Americana; Beach Party; Anykinda Hats, Indian Summer or Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas Potluck
Sometimes demos or routines
Dress: Casual or Bling (or “theme-appropriate”)
DANCEWELL BALLROOM GENERAL PARTY ETIQUETTE
Our dances are as much a social event as a "Dance". We feel parties are for socializing and having great fun with everyone!
1. The "One Dance Custom" is that of dancing one or two dances with one person, then inviting someone else to dance. This is not required at our parties but is the general way.
2. Clothing is dressy or casual and clean
3. Deodorant is provided for the convenience of our guests' frequent use
4. Breath mints are also provided for our guests use
5. We feel that Individuals "teaching" on the dance floor is inappropriate to a social dance when "unasked-for"