Welcome to Kids and Teens Dance!
With today’s technology kids learn and practice less face-to-face contact with others beyond their own friends. This course combines dance lessons with common courtesies, helping students create a positive impression on others. An edge that will help your child in life.
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Respect and acceptance of individual differences
- Social skills and teamwork
- Coordination and musicalityThe dance steps help break the ice and create a teamwork effort with various partners, while learning coordination and having fun! Students learn and practice simple manners for a social occasion including good hygiene, speaking, shaking hands and making eye contact and the three magic words: “Please”, “Thank you” and “You’re welcome”.
At the finale (the Family Mixer Dessert Social and Recital) class, parents and family are invited so kids can show what they’ve learned - both steps and social graces. The cumulative effect of dancing and socializing over the months and years is of students who not only have fun and learn a great movement skill; they shed their shyness and emerge with self-confidence.
MONTHLY CLASS SERIES
45-55 minutes weekly - 4 weeks of class. One dance taught per month. Beginning level
Included in the monthly price is a Family Dessert Social/Recital Party once per quarter
SUMMER CAMP 4-DAY SERIES
4 weekdays plus Saturday Dessert & Family Social/Recital Party
DESSERT SOCIAL MIXER / RECITAL: There will be one combination Social Mixer dance & Class Presentation for all the varying ages of students and their families once per quarter. Students will be able to bring their fave dessert as well as show what they have learned in class; both steps and social skills.
Parents need to pre-register students for any class series no later than one week prior to class start date.* Each class has at least 2 instructors to help boost students’ learning* We reserve the right to drop from the class series anyone whose conduct is detrimental to the group or our program.*We must have a signed registration and consent form prior to first class.
* Family discounts are available
High School Unit (15-18) Middle School Unit (12-14) or Elementary Unit (6-11) classes